How soon after an offence do I need to do my Behaviour Change Program?
For those managed by
Some choose to get it out of the way early, whilst others are more comfortable doing a course closer to a court hearing date so that the information is fresh in their minds.
When do I receive my certificate?
VicRoads certificates are
Certificates of completion are required for both a Magistrates hearing and Vic Roads.
Certificates have no expiry date.
Removing the alcohol interlock condition from your licence.
Those who are managed by Magistrates’s Court are required to apply to the Courts to have an interlock condition removed. You will need to undertake an alcohol assessment prior to attending a hearing.
Aussie Drink Drive can take you through the steps below:
1. Toward the end of your condition (at your second last service), call Aussie Drink Drive 1300608789
2. Your assessment appointment should occur three business days after your last/final interlock service date.
3. Book a hearing at your nearest Magistrates court for at least 1 week after your final service date (remember there is a 28 day waiting period from the time that you make your booking).
4. Authorise your Compliance Report to be sent to Aussie Drink Drive. This can be done by faxing your interlock provider with our details as well as your assessment date, court date and name of your assessor.
Our assessors and presenters have backgrounds in the social sciences, drug and alcohol and mental health fields.
Minimising mishaps during your interlock program.
The aim of this article is to provide some tips about how you can avoid mishaps whilst on an interlock program.
Alcohol Interlock FAQs:
AOD Counselling & Support:
AOD Training and Information:
Traffic Offenders Program – QLD:
The purpose of the education program is to present you with information on:
- “Safer drinking” as defined by the National Health and Medical Research Council guidelines.
- Understanding standard drinks.
- Guidelines for estimation and reduction of BAC.
- Identify and effectively change drinking behaviours, patterns, habits or adjusting your lifestyle.
- Skills to cope through life’s challenges.
- Driver safety (principles of defensive driving).
- Effective strategies to separate drinking from driving.