Booking a Magistrate’s Hearing
How do I book and which Magistrates Court?
If you are going to be managed by the Magistrates’ court, please book the Court nearest to where you live or you can book at the Melbourne Magistrate’s Court.
Booking a Magistrates’ hearing cannot be done over the phone, you must apply in person.
Please make sure your Hearing date is after the completion of a Behaviour Change Program.
What if I already have a Court date and cannot find a program in time?
Managing a program Before Court
If you already have a Court date and cannot find a suitable Behaviour Change Program, you are permitted to adjourn your hearing date.
Please locate a suitable Behaviour Change Program location and date before
This can be done over the phone.
What if my time is coming up and I haven’t found a program?
If you are looking for a Behaviour Change Program and you have to apply to the court for your licence, you will have 28 days to locate a suitable program location and date.
To find out if you are required to apply to the court or not click the WHAT NEXT tab on the main page or click below.
More Information on the program
Minimising mishaps during your interlock program.
The aim of this article is to provide some tips about how you can avoid mishaps whilst on an interlock program.
Alcohol Interlock FAQs:
AOD Counselling & Support:
AOD Training and Information:
Traffic Offenders Program – QLD:
The purpose of the education program is to present you with information on:
- “Safer drinking” as defined by the National Health and Medical Research Council guidelines.
- Understanding standard drinks.
- Guidelines for estimation and reduction of BAC.
- Identify and effectively change drinking behaviours, patterns, habits or adjusting your lifestyle.
- Skills to cope through life’s challenges.
- Driver safety (principles of defensive driving).
- Effective strategies to separate drinking from driving.